David and Jessica Murphy are the proud owners of Kai Café and Restaurant. The couples joint performance in the kitchen and on the floor promises a memorable dining experience to every customer young and old.
The philosophy at Kai Café and Restaurant is very simple, head chef Jessica sources fresh, organic produce from local suppliers to create daily menus bursting with flavor, texture and colour. If you’re lucky you might even get an edible flower on your plate.
All menus change on a daily basis dependent on what is fresh and in stock from local suppliers.
It's vital food, packed with good energy, and it lifts you up to eat it because it's so simple and elemental.
Monday to Friday Coffee, cake and fresh pastries from 9:30am – 12 noon
Lunch served each day from 12noon -3pm
Saturday Coffee, cake and fresh pastries from 10:30am – 12noon
Saturday Lunch 12noon-3pm
Kai Sunday Brunch 12noon-3pm
Summer Dinner at Kai: 7 Nights a week from 6pm – 9:30pm
CLOSED Bank Holidays and open 7 nights a week for Dinner during the summer season.
For Bookings call 091-526003
– Best chef in Connaught
– Best restaurant in Connaught
– Best Chef Lead Menu in Ireland
– best Service
– Top 50 places to visit and in the top 3 places to eat in the world by Lonely Planet Magazine
– 3 star rating for sustainability Food Made Good
– Member of World Gourmet Society
– Restaurant of the year 2012
– Top 10 happening rooms in the country
– Top 10 great ‘him’n’her’ places
– Top 10 great signature dishes
– Fourth best female chef in Ireland
– Best Casual Dining
– Top 20 most sustainable Restaurants in the world
– Best Chef Lead Menu in Ireland 2017
The food was among the best, and certainly the most memorable of a trip that also included a visit to the Michelin-starred Cliff House in Waterford and similarly starred establishments in Dublin.
Kiwi chef Jess Murphy’s Kai has upped the game for casual eating in Galway with her ingenious cooking.
I can tell you that not only did I get very good service, so did everyone else that I could see. It was the kind of service that makes Irish hospitality what it is - not just efficient, but also smiley and friendly.